With the numerous injectable treatments available today, it can become confusing to decide on the best one for your needs and goals. Dermal fillers and wrinkle relaxers (i.e., BOTOX®) can both provide rejuvenating benefits, but they function very differently. For this reason, it is essential to understand, with the help of your plastic surgeon, the concerns you are dealing with to determine which injectable is best suited for your needs.
Injectables have become increasingly popular non-invasive treatments to improve the appearance of aging skin. For patients who aren’t ready for more invasive surgery but would like to appear more youthful, the team of professionals at Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg offers a range of injectables that can complement your facial plastic surgery by:
Smoothing Wrinkles Around Your Eye and Forehead Region
If your primary concern is the signs of aging in the upper portion of your face, then the wrinkle relaxer, BOTOX®, may be the best solution for you. BOTOX® works by temporarily blocking the nerve signals to the targeted muscles of the face, inhibiting them from contracting. As a result, the wrinkles and fine lines caused by repetitive facial muscle contractions become smoother, giving you a more youthful appearance.
Our doctors often recommend BOTOX® to address the following concerns:
- Crow’s feet (fine lines at the corners of your eyes)
- Frown lines (vertical lines between your eyes)
- Forehead lines (glabellar lines above your eyebrows)
BOTOX® generally lasts up to four months, and follow-up sessions are usually recommended for patients wanting to enjoy the rejuvenating effects over a longer period of time. Smaller, touch-up injections can also be administered to maintain optimal results in between regular injection appointments.
Wrinkles in the Lower Portion of Your Face
Also referred to as soft tissue dermal fillers, this type of injectable is used to add volume, fill in wrinkles, and soften scars. Dermal fillers produce collagen, an essential protein that gives skin its strength and suppleness and which diminishes with age.
Dermal fillers used to treat specific cosmetic issues include:
- Juvéderm® Voluma XC: The first and only filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area, this consists of hyaluronic acid in a gel form which is injected into your face to smooth away wrinkles and fine lines. Repeated treatments are repeated as needed.
- Restylane®: A safe and natural cosmetic dermal filler used to restore volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the nasolabial folds and the deep creases that sometimes extend from the nostrils to the corners of the mouth.
Learn More About Injectables in Fredericksburg, VA, Today!
If you’re considering being treated with cosmetic injectables, reach out to the experts at Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg with your questions, and schedule an appointment either online or by calling us at (540) 371-7730.