Hydrating and moisturizing your skin can do wonders during the cold and dry winter season. Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg created this infographic that includes ten winter beauty tips to stay glowing in the winter. By following these tips, you can maintain your healthy glow all season long!
- Gently massage your face once a day to increase blood circulation. Oxygen flowing to your face will make the skin look radiant and glowing.
- Use a hydrating facial mask at least two to three times a week to increase the moisture content in your skin while nourishing it with nutrients.
- Invest in a humidifier to replenish the moisture level in the dry winter and HVAC air every night, relieving you of dry skin and sinus irritation.
- Sleep on silk pillowcases and sheets to minimize friction on your skin, as eczema, psoriasis and atopic dermatitis can be worse in the winter.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables everyday to give your body a vitamin boost, which can make you look and feel healthy.
- Take daily flaxseed oil supplements, which can help prevent wrinkles and can hydrate and smooth out your skin.
- Dry skin can lead to the appearance of more fine lines, so remember to apply eye cream to moisturize your under-eye area every single day.
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake during the winter to keep your body from dehydrating further, which can be unforgiving on your skin.
- Keep lips soft by dabbing on lip balm rich in castor oil, vitamin E, cocoa butter, or olive oil each night before going to bed.
- Use an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup instead of your regular makeup remove wipes, which can be harsh in the winter.
For more skincare tips, contact Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg.