You may have been thinking about having plastic surgery for some time. Rather than allowing yourself to feel overwhelmed by relying on friends or your Internet research for advice, keep reading for some things you can expect when you choose the Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg.
1. Meeting the Team
From the moment you enter our fully accredited facility in Northern Virginia, you are joined by a team of professionals whose mission is to help you achieve your goals. You will be paired with one of our board-certified surgeons who will work closely with you to obtain a thorough understanding of your expectations.
2. Feeling Safe at All Times
Your safety, comfort, and full understanding of your procedure is at the top of our team’s priorities. Our surgeons, staff, and operating facility are held to the highest standards in patient safety and care, which is why we have received one of the highest and most stringent surgical center accreditations available.
3. Understanding Your Procedure
During your initial consultation, any questions and concerns you might have will be addressed. These could include:
- How many procedures have you done like the one I’m considering?
- What other health care professionals can I expect to be involved in my care?
- Is this the best treatment for me? Are there other procedures that might be more appropriate?
- What does the procedure entail?
- How long is the recovery period?
- How much discomfort can I expect?
- Will I have any scars, and what will they look like?
4. Understanding the Risks
All surgeries, including cosmetic procedures, carry an element of risk. When you meet with your surgeon, these risks will be discussed in relation to your personal health history.
Some of the possible risks associated with your procedure could include:
- Complications related to the anesthesia
- Infection of the incision site
- Mild bleeding
- Numbness and tingling from nerve damage
5. Understanding the Costs
We will discuss cost issues with you once we have formulated a procedural plan to reach your goals. These would include but not be limited to:
- What is the total cost?
- Are there any hidden fees?
- Does this quote include the anesthesiologist?
6. Understanding What Happens on the Day of Your Treatment
It’s essential to have a clear understanding of what will happen on the day of your procedure. You will have been briefed on your expected arrival time and whether you need to have someone to drive you home afterward.
7. Understanding the Results
Realistic expectations for your treatment are essential — the goal is towards improvement, not perfection. Keep in mind that your bruising and swelling will be temporary, and while scars are permanent, they will fade over time.
8. Understanding Your Recovery
Recovery times vary depending on the person and procedure. Expect a minimum of 6—12 weeks for many cosmetic surgeries.
9. Expect Follow-up Appointments
During your consultations with our team, any follow-up appointments would be scheduled. These may need to be reviewed and adjusted depending on the outcome of your procedure.
10. Expect Outstanding Care from Beginning to End
The one thing we strive for continually in our practice is a dedication to our patients in any step of their journey. Our team of experts is here for you before, during, and well after any procedure you choose.
Ready to Learn More?
Our team at the Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg is highly skilled in offering people of all ages personalized cosmetic surgery treatment plans tailored to their cosmetic needs and desires. Contact us online to request a consultation or call us today at (540) 371-7730.