1. What is Juvéderm® Voluma XC?
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is made from a modified form of hyaluronic acid which is a natural sugar that occurs within our bodies.
2. What is Juvéderm® Voluma XC indicated for?
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is the first and only FDA-approved non-surgical option to instantly correct age-related volume loss in the cheek area. It is a gel that gently lifts the skin and restores lost volume.
3. How is Juvéderm® Voluma XC actually used in treatment?
Voluma is injected into the cheek. It provides long term volume in the cheek area and gives the appearance of a more youthful, smoother skin surface.
4. What makes Juvéderm® Voluma XC different from other dermal fillers?
Juvéderm® Voluma was specially designed to fill and lift the cheeks. It uses a new advanced technology from Allergan which is called Vycross that creates a smooth-consistency gel that flows easily into the skin and provides a smooth, natural look and feel.
5. How long does Juvéderm® Voluma last?
It can provide fullness for up to two years with optimal treatment.
6. Why use Juvéderm® Voluma XC and not a wrinkle filler?
Not every wrinkle filler is right for every wrinkle. Juverderm Voluma xc was specially designed to fill and lift the cheek area.
7. What does the XC after Juvéderm® Voluma XC mean?
XC means there is a small amount of lidocaine mixed in which helps to numb the area during the treatment process.
8. Are the injections painful?
There is minimal discomfort during the treatment process.
9. Is allergy testing needed?
No, since the product occurs naturally in the body allergy testing is not needed.
10. How young can you be treated?
Juvéderm® Voluma XC is FDA approved for adults over the age of 21.
11. Does it matter if I am 30, 40, 50 or older for treating or for the results I will see?
No, speaking practically there are not age limits for you to have a nice result with Juverderm Voluma XC. It’s actual FDA approval is for 21 years and over.
12. Can all skin types be treated?
Yes, it is good for all skin types.
13. Can men be treated?
Yes, however it is a different technique especially for cheeks because what is optimal for a man differs from a women.
14. How long does treatment take?
The actual injection only takes 15 or 20 minutes, but more time may be needed if more than one syringe is required.
15. Does Juvéderm® Voluma require any special techniques or training?
Yes, injecting Voluma requires special training and an understanding of such aesthetics as facial harmony and bone structure.
16. Can you combine Juvéderm® Voluma XC with other facial anti-aging treatments?
Yes, and in some cases it may give you a better result . For example, use of BOTOX® will reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
17. Does it matter when you combine these treatments?
At times more than one type of treatment is needed. For example Juverderm Voluma XC restores volume and lift to the cheek area. Fine lines from facial expressions respond well to BOTOX® and makes a good combination woth Juverderm Voluma XC.
18. When can I return to work and resume my social life?
Juvéderm® Voluma XC results are immediate, so generally you may return to work or social activities right after the procedure. Sometimes side effects occur –like bruising, and mild swelling may happen by the next day, so you do need to consider this in your planning. Consult with your physician and discuss your return to work with them.
19. What are the common side effects of Juvéderm® Voluma XC?
Mild tenderness, swelling, and firmness, at the injection site. These side
effects were usually moderate in severity, and do not require treatment.
20. What can be done to prevent bruising?
Avoid aspirin and aspirin like products (NSAID’s) the week prior to treatment.
21. What if I don’t like the results – can Juvéderm® Voluma XC be removed?
Yes all hyaluronic acid fillers can be ‘removed’ using a synthetic form of an enzyme that occurs naturally in our bodies called hyaluronidase.
22. How often can I be injected?
Juvéderm® Voluma is a long-lasting filler so typically you would not need to be treated again for a long time…up to two years or more. You may need a re-injection a few weeks after your initial injection if you need more volume or more lift. It is better to be conservative and touch-up if needed.
23. How much does it cost?
The price of Juvéderm® Voluma varies according to the needs of each patient. The number of syringes needed to achieve the desired results varies from one person to another. People who have had similar procedures completed in the past may have differing needs from people who are having this type of treatment for the first time. If you get VOLUMA regularly, make sure you sign up for Allergan’s Brilliant Distinctions program. By participating in this program you get points for each treatment which you can then deposit and redeem for discounts on future treatments and products from Allergan. For all of the details, please check out www.brilliantdistinctionsprogram.com.