A mountain of studies done in many different fields tells us that the shape, tone, and texture of our faces influence nearly every interaction we have with other human beings. Communication in our species evolved from expressing emotion with our faces, and it’s no secret faces are a huge factor in selecting a mate. It’s hard to overstate how much of a focal point our faces are for us every day, which is why it’s so important that your appearance gives you confidence and makes you feel energized when you go out into the world.
At Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg, we take great pleasure in helping our patients discover their ideal look and put their best faces forward in all their interactions and relationships. We’ve been one of Northern Virginia’s top plastic surgery practices offering the latest facial rejuvenation treatments for many years, and we’re excited to share one of the industry’s newest and most effective ones called the PRP Facelift.
Traditional facelifts are surgical procedures and require a longer recovery period, but there is no surgery involved in a PRP Facelift. This treatment uses dermal facial fillers to achieve the right shape, then fills out and “fertilizes” the skin starting at the cellular level using powerful growth factors made from your own body. The PRP Facial lifts your skin and helps you look years younger when a surgical facelift is simply more than you need.
At Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg, we begin every PRP Facelift with a consultation. We develop a facial rejuvenation plan that’s unique to your face and your goals. If you have questions or would like to schedule a consultation with our team of PRP Facelift experts, please send us a message using our website or call us at (540) 371-7730c
What’s a PRP Facelift?
Your skin gets punished daily by time and the outside elements. Sun damages your skin. Environmental factors damage your skin. Natural aging processes damage your skin. To put it simply, your skin is under assault at all times. You face bears the brunt of this damage because it’s the most exposed part of your body. As you get older the skin on your face will lose color, shape, and its natural smooth texture.
These common signs of aging are normal, but treatments like the PRP Facelift offer some truly amazing ways to promote healthy new facial tissue growth and structural protein production, which helps your face look much more youthful and vibrant. Results from a PRP Facelift will continuously improve for months after your appointment, and the results can last 1 to 2 years.
A PRP Facelift is generally a quick treatment. It’s performed in 3 steps:
- First, one of our highly-trained and highly-skilled staff members will use a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler (Juvéderm® and Restylane® are two of our favorites) to help shape your face and fill in areas where you’ve experienced significant collagen and structure loss. We’ll sculpt the perfect, natural look for your face.
- After we’ve augmented your facial shape with dermal fillers, we’ll use platelet-rich plasma (PRP) filler to help your body generate new, healthier tissue. PRP is made from your own blood drawn before the HA fillers are injected. Your blood spins in a centrifuge and separates the red blood cells from plasma, which helps your body stop bleeding and heal itself when wounded. PRP is injected to promote cell growth, collagen production, and healthier circulation. It helps treat a wide range of aging side effects and even allows us to target and restore volume in some types of deep facial wrinkles.
- The final step is a good maintenance and healing plan. Our team of skincare and cosmetic facial treatment professionals will help you get the best and most long-lasting results out of your PRP Facelift by helping you develop a good skincare therapy routine.
The PRP Facelift gets its name from its use of PRP therapy and is actually a form of what’s called the “platelet-rich fibrin matrix” method, a process growing in popularity in cosmetic surgery settings. It’s safe, comes with little to no discomfort, and requires substantially less recovery time than a surgical facelift.
Benefits of a PRP Facelift
A PRP Facelift can have a wide range of results depending on individual circumstances and skin conditions. In general, a PRP Facelift is used to:
- Restore smoothness to skin texture
- Fill out droopy or depressed areas of the face
- Restore volume to some types of wrinkles
- Generate healthier facial tissue
- Tighten areas with loose skin
- Enhance blood flow to targeted areas of the face
One of the greatest benefits of the PRP Facelift is that it’s minimally invasive and requires very little recovery time. Usually there is no downtime after PRP Facelift, but there may be some bruising for several days.
Still, Have Questions About the PRP Facelift? Ready to Schedule Your Consultation?
Patient education is a cornerstone of our treatment philosophy at Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg. We want your decisions to be informed, and we’re happy to provide you with more information on the PRP Facelift and share how we’ll make your experience with us exceptional. Come see why we’ve repeatedly been chosen as Northern Virginia Magazine’s Top Plastic Surgeons year after year.
If you’re ready to help create your custom PRP Facelift treatment plan with us, we invite you to schedule a consultation. You can ask us any questions you have by sending us a message through our website, or you can call our practice at (540) 371-7730.