“Your body is a temple, but only if you treat it as one.” This beautiful quote by author and psychologist Astrid Alauda revisits a popular view of our bodies. Our body is indeed a temple, a sacred place of worship, but like all holy places, we must respect, honor, and love it.
Cultures the world over offer homage to sacred places in hundreds of different ways. Gifts and offerings have venerated goddesses from Aphrodite to Kama for centuries. Your choice to meet our team at Plastic Surgeries of Fredericksburg for your breast augmentation consultation is an expression of your well-deserved self- respect, self-love, and self-worship.
To continue your passage of honoring and gifting your body, we at Plastic Surgeries of Fredericksburg would like to offer you some guidance. It is essential that you understand and properly consider all aspects of your breast augmentation surgery. With this in mind, allow us to offer you some material for your consideration so you can adequately prepare for your visit with us.
You should ask yourself the following questions before your consultation, as our surgeons will want to discuss these topics with you;
1) Why do you want to undertake a breast augmentation? Despite the growing popularity of these procedures in America, breast augmentation surgery is still surgery. When opting for any procedure on your body, your reasoning and motivation must be clear. Whether you want to look better in your skin or recover the appearance of your breasts after pregnancy, clarity, and honesty for your motivation behind the surgery is essential.
2) How do you expect to look after the procedure? So that we can offer you the best advice, you need to be clear with yourself and us what you want out of the procedure. Perhaps you want more symmetry between your breasts or to increase your bust appearance? First determining this with yourself helps you explain what you want to us.
3) What is your current relationship with medication, tobacco, alcohol, supplements, and drugs? The customers who enjoy the best results from breast augmentation are healthy individuals who enjoy life in moderation. If you already treat your body with fairness, care, and respect, you are well on the way to being a standout candidate for breast augmentation.
4) When have you undergone any other medical treatments or faced any medical conditions? By understanding your entire medical and clinical history, our surgeons can accurately advise you on anesthesia, post-op medication, and what your procedure and recovery will look like. The more information you can provide during your consultation, the better.
Once you have honestly answered these questions with yourself, it is time to start considering questions you may have for us! Your consultation with us at Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg is your chance to get to know your surgeon and clarify any uncertainties about your procedure.
The following is a good list of questions for you to pose to any of our staff, and particularly the surgeon who will be performing your procedure.
- Are you an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified surgeon?
- Did you specifically train in the discipline of plastic surgery?
- How many years of training and practice have you had?
- Where will my breast augmentation surgery be performed?
- According to my body, what incision site, shape, size, and placement do you recommend?
- How long after the procedure will it be before I can resume my regular routine?
- What are the potential risks associated with my breast augmentation, and how will you handle any complications?
- Will I need subsequent implant-related surgeries?
- How will the appearance of my breast change over time and after pregnancy and breastfeeding?
- Will my ability to breastfeed be affected?
- What can I do if I am unsatisfied with the outcome of my procedure?
Do you have a portfolio of before-and-after photos or past patient commendations I can look at to see your previous work?
By entirely understanding all components of your breast augmentation surgery, you fully equip yourself for a satisfying, confidence-building, rewarding gift to yourself. Remember, nerves are perfectly normal, and our team looks forward to discussing any feelings you have about your procedure in your consultation.