As we get older, we tend to think it’s the frown lines and wrinkles on our faces that give away our ages. Combine these with sagging skin, loss of volume on the cheeks, and the development of jowls, and it becomes evident that there’s no hiding the passage of time.
You may also have discovered that you can hide many of the flaws and imperfections on your face with fillers and skin-firming creams. However, you can’t camouflage sagging neck skin the same way. Those vertical muscle bands, sagging skin, and excess fat deposits often appear before the lines and wrinkles on our faces. While these might seem easy to conceal—think high neck tees, turtleneck sweaters, or even lightweight scarves—on a warm day, these could be somewhat uncomfortable.
An essential first step in planning for the possibility of a facelift, mid facelift, mini facelift, or either of these combined with a neck lift is to schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons at Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg in Virginia. The best way to treat the signs of aging in the face and neck is through an individualized, custom-tailored treatment plan.
A facelift is the most effective procedure to restore the appearance of an aging face. However, before the signs of aging become prominent in the face, the effects of aging often occur earlier in the neck. Facelift and necklift procedures may be combined for patients looking for a youthful overhaul to fully rejuvenate both the face and neck.
- Are You Ready for Facelift Surgery?
- Would you like to tighten the skin of the cheeks, neck, and jowls with a standard facelift, rejuvenating your face by 10 to 15 years?
- Would you like to tighten the skin around the cheeks and lower eyelid area but not the jowls or neck wrinkles with a mid facelift?
- Would you like to tighten the face and jowls but not to the same extent as a standard facelift but with a mini facelift?
- Are You Ready for Neck Lift Surgery?
- Are you young with only a small amount of early neck looseness but seeking a smoother and more refined neck and chin?
- Have you already had a standard facelift and now would like a touch up of the neck?
- Are you looking for an improvement for loose neck skin?
- Are You a Candidate for a combined Face and Neck Lift Surgery?
- Do you feel that the appearance of both wrinkled facial skin and sagging neck makes you look older than you are?
- Would you prefer a combination procedure with shorter recovery time, less downtime, and perhaps lower cost?
After carefully reviewing the questions outlined above and obtaining your plastic surgeons’ advice, you should be well-positioned to make the decision and schedule your procedure.
Take That Next Step for Your Face and Neck Lift
Discovering your best surgery options begins with a consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon at Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg. Please contact or call us today at (540) 371-7730.